Article 1 [Purpose]
[Definition of terms]
1. 'Electronic financial transaction' means that the Company provides electronic payment service and payment deposit service (hereinafter referred to as 'electronic financial transaction service') through an electronic device, and the user uses it in an automated way instead of face-to-face or communicating directly with the employees of the Company.
2. 'Electronic payment service' the transmission or receipt of payment information during the purchase of goods or the use of services by electronic means or refers to a service that acts on behalf of or mediates the payment.
4. 'Access medium' refers to the means or information used to direct a transaction in an electronic financial transaction or to ensure the integrity and accuracy of users and transaction details. It includes electronic card and equivalent electronic information (including credit card number), certificate under the Electronic Signature Act, user number registered with a financial institution or electronic banking company, user's biometric information, user's payment password, and password required to use above means or information specified in Article 2 (10), ELECTRONIC FINANCIAL TRANSACTION ACT..
5. 'Transaction Instruction' means a user instructing a financial institution or electronic financial institution to process an electronic financial transaction in accordance with the Electronic Financial Transaction Agreement.
6. 'Error' means a case in which an electronic financial transaction has not been executed in accordance with an electronic financial transaction agreement or a user's transaction instructions that is not due to the user intention or negligence.
7. ‘Identification" refers to the process of verifying the identity of a ‘user’ using information such as the user's name, date of birth, carrier information, mobile phone number, gender, nationality, credit card numbers, etc.
8. The ‘payment password' refers to a number combination set by the 'user' to protect the user's information and ensure the integrity and accuracy of the transaction when the user uses the service.
Article 3 [Specification and change of terms]
3. When the Company changes the terms, the terms that are changed shall be posted on the payment information input screen and the Company’s homepage a month before the effective date in order to notify the user.
Article 4 [Management of access media, etc.]
1. The Company shall select an access medium when providing the electronic payment service to check the user's identity, authority, and contents of transaction instructions.
2. The user shall not lend or delegate the use of the access medium to a third party, or provide it for the purpose of transfer or security, and the Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by this.
3. The user must not leak, expose, or neglect one’s access media or provide it to any third party, and must take sufficient care to prevent theft, forgery, or alteration of access media.
4. When the Company receives notice of loss or theft of access media from the user, at the time of notification, the Company shall be responsible for compensation for damages caused to the user due to the use of the access media by the third party.
Article 5 [Responsibilities of the Company]
1. The Company shall be liable for damages incurred as a result of an accident caused by forgery or alteration of the access medium. However, if the user violates Article 6 Paragraph 2 or leaks, exposes, or neglects his or her access media despite knowing that a third party may conduct an electronic financial transaction using the access media of the user without authorization, the user shall bear all or part of the responsibility.
2. The Company shall be liable for the damages in case of damages to the user due to an accident that occurred during the conclusion of contract or electronic transmission or processing of transaction instructions. However, if damages occur to users who fall under the paragraph 1 of this Article or are corporation users (excluding small businesses under Article 2 (2) of the FRAMEWORK ACT ON SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES) and the Company has fulfilled its reasonable due care requirements such as establishing a security procedure and strictly complying with it in order to prevent accidents, the user shall bear all or part of the responsibility.
3. In case if the Company cannot deal with or delays the process due to natural disasters, power failure, fire, communication failure, or other force majeure reasons, even if there is a transaction instruction from the user, and if the user is notified of the reason for the inability or delay (including notices from financial institutions or payment issuers or online marketing businesses), the Company shall not take responsibility.
4. The Company shall be responsible for compensating the damages when the damage occurs to the user due to an accident caused by the use of electronic device for electronic financial transaction or an access medium obtained by false or other fraudulent methods by invading the information communication network stipulated under Article 2 (1) 1 of the ‘ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC.’.
Article 6 [Confirmation of transaction record]
1. The Company shall allow the user to check the contents of the user's transaction (including the user's 'error correction request and processing results') through an electronic method agreed upon with the user in advance. If requested by the user, within two weeks from the date of receipt of the request, a written copy of the transaction details shall be issued.
2. Among the transaction records provided by the Company to the user, the name or number of the transaction account, the type and amount of the transaction, the information indicating the counterparty, the date of the transaction, the type of electronic device and the information identifying the electronic device, and the access records of the electronic device in relation to the electronic financial transaction shall be provided for five years. Records of small electronic financial transactions with a transaction amount of less than 10,000 won per transaction, approval of transactions when using electronic payment means, user error correction requests and processing results shall be covered for one year. Fees received in exchange for the provision of payment agency services are excluded from the transaction record provided.
3. If the user wishes to request a written document as described in paragraph 1, they can request it using the following address and telephone number.
- Address: 223 Yeoksam-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (Yeoksam-dong, Daesa Building)
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone: 02-6191-3727
Article 7 [Correction of error]
1. The user can request the Company correct an error if an error is found in using the electronic payment service.
2. When the Company receives a request for correction of an error according to the preceding paragraph, they shall immediately investigate and process it and notify the user of the result within two weeks from the date of receiving the request for correction.
Article 8 [Creation and preservation of electronic payment service usage records]
1. The Company shall create and keeps records to track or search the contents of transactions using the electronic payment service or to check or correct the contents in case of errors in the contents.
2. The types of records to be preserved by the Company in accordance with the preceding paragraph and the methods of preservation shall be as provided in Article 6, paragraph 2.
Article 9 [Restriction on withdrawal of transaction instructions]
1. In the case of a transaction instructions relating to an electronic payment transaction, the user may withdraw the transaction instruction before the payment becomes effective.
2. The payment becomes effective stated in the preceding paragraph means (i) in the case of an electronic funds transfer, when the record of deposit is completed in the account ledger of the financial institution where the recipient's account is opened for information on the amount of the transaction instruction (ii) in case of other electronic payment means, when the information of the transaction instruction amount is entered into the electronic device of the financial institution where the recipient's account is opened.
3. When the payment becomes effective, the user can receive the payment back according to the method of withdrawal of the relevant laws including the ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC. or as set forth in Article 5 of these terms.
Article 10 [Prohibition on provision of electronic financial transaction information]
The Company shall not provide to third parties, without the user's consent, information or data on the personal information of the user, the user's account, access media, or the contents and performance of the electronic financial transaction in providing the electronic payment service and shall not use it for business purposes only.
Article 11 [Dispute settlement and resolution]
1. The user may request dispute settlement from the manager and the person in charge regarding the filing of opinions and complaints related to the use of the electronic payment service, and the claim for damages.
- Phone: 02-6191-3727
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If a user applies for dispute settlement for the Company, the Company shall inform the user of the result of the investigation or processing within 15 days.
3. The user can apply for dispute settlement regarding the use of the Company's electronic payment service to the Financial Disputes Mediation Committee of the Financial Supervisory Service in accordance with Article 51 of ' Act on the Establishment of Financial Supervisory Organizations’ or to the Consumer Protection Board in accordance with Article 31 (1) of the 'Consumer Protection Law'.
Article 12 [Company’s obligation to secure stability]
In order to secure the safety and reliability of electronic financial transactions, the Company shall comply with the standards set by the Financial Supervisory Commission on the information technology sector and electronic financial services such as manpower, facilities, and electronic devices for electronic transmission or processing by type of electronic financial transaction.
Article 13 [Other rules and jurisdiction]
1. Matters not specified in these terms shall be handled in accordance with the consumer protection laws such as the ELECTRONIC FINANCIAL TRANSACTION ACT, ELECTRONIC FINANCIAL TRANSACTION ACT, ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC., ACT ON ONLINE SALES, ETC., SPECIALIZED CREDIT FINANCE BUSINESS ACT, etc.
2. The jurisdiction over disputes between the Company and users shall be in accordance with the CIVIL PROCEDURE ACT.
<Supplementary provision>(Terms March 18, 2008 )
These Terms will apply from March 18, 2008.
<Supplementary provision>(Revised March 1, 2017)
These Terms will apply from March 1, 2017.
<Supplementary provision>(Revised June 2, 2018)
These Terms will apply from June 2, 2018.
<Supplementary provision>(Revised April 26, 2019)
These Terms will apply from April 26, 2019.