Article 1 (Purpose)
Article 2 (Definition of terms)
The terms defined in these terms are as follows.
1. The 'telecom billing service’ is an information and communication service referring to the following tasks.
① Billing and collection of the cost of goods or services (hereinafter referred to as "goods") sold or provided by others together with the charges of telecommunication service provided by oneself
② Sending and receiving transaction information electronically to bill or collect for the payment of goods sold and provided by others with the charges of telecommunication service of the person providing the services referred to in paragraph 1 or to agency or mediating work for the settlement of payment
2. ‘User’ means a person who agrees to these terms and uses the telecom billing service provided by the Company.
3. 'Access medium’ refers the means or information used to conduct transaction instructions or to ensure the integrity and accuracy of users and transaction details in telecommunication billing transactions. It includes telephone number, phone number registered with telecom companies, biometrics, password required to use the above information.
4. 'Transaction instruction’ means that the user instructs the Company to process the telecom billing service according to the telecom billing service agreement.
5. ‘Franchise’ refers to a person who sells or provides goods or services to users through a telecom billing service.
6. The ‘mobile carrier’ refers to a person who charges and collects the price of goods sold and provided by others along with the telecommunication service charges provided by the Company.
7. The ‘specified date’ means the payment deadline for telecommunications service under No. 2 agreed to between user and mobile carrier.
8. The ‘automatic monthly payment service’ refers to a product that is automatically charged to the user every month after the first purchase of goods through the service with the user's consent.
9. The ‘simplified payment service’ refers to a service that generates a unique number linked to the user's payment-related information at the time of the user's first payment and utilizes the generated unique number to allow the user to quickly and easily make payments only via authentication.
Article 3 (Specification and change of terms)
3. When the Company changes the terms, the terms that are changed shall be posted on the payment information input screen and the Company’s homepage a month before the effective date in order to notify the user.
4. After the Company notifies the user of the terms of change under paragraph 3, if the Company clearly notifies that unless the user indicates the rejection by the effective date of the change of the terms, they are deemed to have agreed to the change of the terms, and the user shall be deemed to have agreed to the change of terms unless the user expressly refuses. If user does not agree to the changed terms, they may stop using the service and terminate the agreement.
Article 4 (Use of service)
1. The Company shall provide the service only when the mobile carrier obtained the agreement of users who signed up for new phone service or carrier change including the following paragraphs through the new service agreement, etc. The company shall not be responsible for any damages to the user caused by the mobile carrier in violation of this paragraph.
① Content of billing and collection of goods sold and provided by others along with telecommunication services provided by the mobile carrier
② Service usage limit amount
2. When the mobile carrier increases the usage amount that has been agreed to in accordance with paragraph 1, the Company shall provide increased usage amount only if the mobile carrier informs the user of the following subparagraphs and receives consent. The Company shall not responsible for the violation of this section by the mobile carrier.
① Existing usage amount limit and increased usage amount limit
② The fact and method of reducing the usage amount limit
3. If the user uses the monthly automatic payment service when purchasing goods from the franchise, the Company shall handle it in accordance with the following items.
① It shall receive consent from the user through the electronic payment window by checking the content that the amount used will be paid monthly automatically.
② In the case of increasing the usage amount while providing the monthly automatic payment service, when the user agrees to No. 1 or before the amount of money is increased, it shall receive consent from the user by checking the contents that the amount used will be paid monthly automatically in the electronic payment window.
③ If the usage amount is increased in accordance with No. 2, the Company shall notify the user in advance of the change in the usage amount through SMS, etc.
④ In the event of business transfer or merger of a franchise while providing monthly automatic payment service, the monthly automatic payment service shall be provided only if the previous monthly automatic payment history for the user exists or if the monthly automatic payment consent statement exists for the current month.
⑤ The company shall block the monthly automatic payment service if the user wishes.
4. The Company may grant a user's unique number linked with payment related information to the user for simplified payment service when the service is provided by the user's application or consent. After the user registers the payment information for the first time and the payment has been made, the Company can determine whether to approve the transaction by using only the unique number, etc., provided by the company without entering the payment information.
5. If the user has no service history for one year, the mobile carrier shall stop providing the service. In this case, the Company shall provide the service only if the mobile carrier has received the service agreement from the user again. The company shall not be responsible for any damages to the user caused by the mobile carrier in violation of this section.
Article 4-2 (Special rules for transactions using certain access media)
1. The Company may grant the user's unique number or the means to access a user's unique number linked to the necessary payment information by the user's application when providing the telecom billing service.
2. When a user requests a separate user identification number or a means of accessing a user identification number, the company shall store the following information provided by the user with the consent of the user.
① User's unique identification information or identity verification information that can replace it
② The telecommunication company to which the user subscribed
③ User's phone number
④ Password set by user
⑤ Other information required for telecom billing service
3. When the user reuses the telecom billing service using the user's unique number linked to the necessary payment information or a means of accessing the user's unique number, the Company shall decide whether to approve the transaction by having the user confirm the password or part of personal information set by the stored user in the previous paragraph.
4. If the user wishes to proceed with the payment by the payment method provided by the Company by receiving the user's unique number or a means of accessing the user's unique number, the contents of this agreement shall be used for future payments with one agreement on this term automatically.
5. The user can request the Company to delete the personal information stored by the method of Article 16, and the Company must delete the user's personal information immediately after receiving the user's request. However, the details of Article 11, paragraph 2 cannot be deleted to confirm the transaction details.
Article 5 (Management of access media, etc.)
1. The Company shall select an access medium when providing the telecom billing service to check the user's identity, authority, and contents of transaction instructions.
2. The user shall not lend or delegate the use of the access medium to a third party, or provide it for the purpose of transfer or security.
3. The user must not leak, expose, or neglect one’s access media or provide it to any third party, and must take sufficient care to prevent theft, forgery, or alteration of access media.
4. When the Company receives notice of loss or theft of access media from the user, at the time of notification, the Company shall be responsible for compensation for damages caused to the user due to the use of the access media by the third party.
5. When the user sets a payment password as an access medium when the user agrees to use the service according to Article 4 for the mobile carrier, the payment password must be entered so that payment can be made through the service. However, for the franchise service that provides its own payment password, the payment password of the franchise or the payment password set by the user shall be used. The management responsibility for loss or theft shall be borne by the relevant franchise and users. The Company or mobile carrier shall be responsible for the management responsibility, such as violation of statutory obligations regarding payment password of the company or mobile carrier.
Article 6 (Building monitoring and anti-hacking system)
1. The Company shall have a monitoring system capable of monitoring, warning, and controlling the status of information processing system resources to check the normal operation of servers and communication equipment.
2. The company should install the following systems and programs to prevent hacking infringement.
① Installation of intrusion prevention system
② Installation of intrusion detection system
③ Other information protection system such as necessary protective equipment or encryption program
Article 7 (Prevention of virus infection)
The Company should establish/operate measures, including the following items, to prevent computer virus infection.
① Refrain from using applications with insecure sources, distribution channels, or manufacturers. If it is unavoidable, use only after diagnosis and treatment with a computer virus search program
② Install computer virus detection and repair program and keep the latest version
③ Prepare defense, search, and recovery procedures against computer virus infection
Article 7-1 (Notification, report of leakage of personal information, etc.)
1. The Company shall promptly notify the relevant users of all of the following subparagraphs and report to the Ministry of Science and ICT immediately when a loss, theft, or leakage of personal information (hereinafter referred to as “leakage”) is found.
However, if there is a legitimate reason, such as the user's contact information is unknown, the notice may be replaced by posting it on the Internet homepage for more than 30 days.
① Personal information items leaked
② The point of leakage
③ Actions that users can take
④ Measures by the Company
⑤ Departments and contact information where users can receive consultation
2. The Company shall take measures regarding personal information leakage and take measures to minimize the damage.
Article 8 (User information protection)
1. In the following cases where there is a possibility that a serious infringement occurs in the information and communication network and serious disturbance to the user's information system or the information and communication network, the Company may request the protection of users by e-mail or notice.
① If the user’s equipment is used by a third party and interferes with our services
② If the problem of H/W or S/W of the user's equipment causes the interference of the Company’s service
③ If the user intentionally or accidentally attempted or accessed the malicious connection to the Company
2. The protective measures to be taken by the user are as follows.
① Immediate disconnection such as removing connection cable from the network of the equipment, blocking service port, blocking network address
② Security check on the equipment
③ Follow-up security measures such as related cause check and patching, OS reinstallation, filtering etc.
3. The Company may restrict access to the information and communication network for 5 days if the user does not implement the protective measures described in the preceding paragraph.
4. If the company improperly restricts access regarding user failure to take protective measures, the user can make an objection to the person in charge of Article 14 (1), the Company must confirm the fact within two weeks after receiving the objection, and send a response in writing to the user.
Article 9 (Establishment of illegal transaction blocking system)
1. In order to protect users from illegal payments of third parties and to minimize the damages to users, the Company must establish the following systems.
① Abnormal transaction type analysis system
② Replica phone transaction detection system
③ Other illegal payment suspicious transaction monitoring system
2. The Company may block the payment request if it is determined to be an illegal payment request through the system in each subparagraph of paragraph 1 of this Article.
3. The Company may inevitably restrict the user's use of the service according to the policy and request of the mobile carrier or the company's policy if the user does not pay the payment through the service for an extended period or does not pay numerous times.
4. If the payment request is blocked by paragraph 1 of this Article, the user may use the telecom billing service after contacting the person in charge of paragraph 1 of Article 16 and undergoing the verification process.
Article 10 (Korea Phone Bill Industry Association)
1. The Company participates as a member of the Korea Phone Bill Industry Association (hereinafter referred to as the 'Association') to protect users from illegal billing, replica phones, illegal loaning using a mobile phone, and illegal marketing to faithfully implement the “Telephone Payment User Protection Agreement”.
2. The Company shall follow the guidelines reviewed by the Association Steering Committee, given by the Association and the Ministry of Science and ICT, advise the franchises to follow the guidelines, and constantly monitor the franchises.
Article 11 (Rights and duties of the company)
1. By providing users with an integrated standard payment window in accordance with the guidelines prepared by the Ministry of Science and ICT and the Korea Phone Bill Industry Association, the Company shall strive to protect users by strengthening its obligation to notify electronic payments and creating a safe payment environment in accordance with ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC. and ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC.
2. If the Company is not the issuer of the access medium, the Company shall not be liable for damages caused to the user due to an accident caused by forgery or tampering with the access medium.
3. If the Company is the issuer, user, or management subject of the access medium, the Company shall be liable for damages incurred by users due to accidents caused by forgery or tampering with the access medium.
4. The Company shall be liable for the damages in case of damages to the user due to an accident that occurred during the conclusion of contract or electronic transmission or processing of transaction instructions. However, if damages occur to users who fall under the paragraph 2 of this Article or are corporation users (excluding small businesses under Article 2 (2) of the FRAMEWORK ACT ON SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES) and the Company has fulfilled its reasonable due care requirements such as establishing a security procedure and strictly complying with it in order to prevent accidents, the Company shall not bear the responsibility.
① Accidents due to forgery or tampering of access media
② Accidents that occurred during the conclusion of a contract or the electronic transmission or processing of a transaction instruction
③ Accidents resulting from the use of access media obtained through false or other fraudulent ways invading the information network through an electronic device for an electronic financial transaction or pursuant to Article 2, paragraph 1, “ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC.”
5. The Company shall strive to protect users by providing electronic payment windows to users to strengthen their obligations to notify them of electronic payments and to create a stable payment environment in accordance with the ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC. and Article 8, Paragraph 2 of the ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC. and Article 9 of the Enforcement Decree. In this case, the company may monitor whether the franchise provides the above payment window to the user and if the violation occurs, the Company may stop providing the service to that franchise.
6. The Company shall clearly inform of the following items in order to confirm whether the user's subscription intention is genuine and prepare the user's confirmation procedure for the notice.
① Details and types of goods or services
② Price of the good or service
③ Period of providing goods or services
8. The party may apply for application for a ruling to the Ministry of Science and ICT in the event that the agreement between the Company and the user is not established or cannot be discussed.
9. The Company may impose a certain amount of fees on the user on top of the transaction amount.
10. The Company may receive the personal information of the user related to the telecom billing service from the telecommunications company, and the Company shall inform the appropriate party of personal information collection/use, personal information provision/ consignment, social security number collection policy and use according to the consent.
11. The Company may receive personal information from the mobile carrier regarding the remaining balance of the user, authentication related information, use of the service, suspension or resumption, etc., and the Company may use such information for purposes other than the service.
12. The Company may temporarily suspend the provision of the telecom billing service in the event of maintenance, replacement, breakdown of information and communication facilities, such as computers, or loss of communication.
13. The Company shall reimburse the user for any damages caused by the temporary suspension of the provision of the telecom billing service for the reasons mentioned in the preceding paragraph. However, this is not the case if the Company proves that there is no intention or negligence.
14. The Company faithfully complies with the order of refusal, suspension or restriction of the provision of the telecom billing service for the following persons set by the Ministry of Science and ICT in accordance with Article 61 of the ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC.
① A person who sells, rents, or provides juvenile harmful media to youth in violation of Article 16 of the Juvenile Protection Act
② A person who significantly impedes the user's interest by having the user purchase and use the goods by means of any of the following means
- Transmission of advertising information for commercial purposes in violation of Article 50 of the ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC.
- Fraud or unfair incentive to the user
③ A person who sells or provides goods prohibited by the ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC. and other laws
15. telecommunication service charges by the telecommunications company by the specified date, the Company shall charge an additional fee according to the policy of the additional charge of the mobile phone payment provider that has a direct contract with the telecommunications company.
- 1 Month after deadline : 4%
- 2 Month after deadline : 5%
16. When the user sets the payment password through the telecommunication company, the Company must take technical measures to make the payment only when the corresponding payment password is entered.
Article 12 (Notice)
1. The Company shall promptly notify the user of the electronic payment by using telephone, fax or mobile phone.
2. The Company shall notify the users of the following items when there is a price for selling/providing goods or charging them.
① Date and time of use of telecom billing service
② Counterparty name and contact information of purchase/use via telecom billing service (person who sells/provides a good or service by receiving payment through telecom billing service, hereinafter referred to as “counterparty”)
③ Purchase / use amount through telecom billing service and its detail
④ Objection application method and contact
Article 13 (Confirmation of transaction record)
1. The Company shall provide a way for the user to check the purchase/use records, and if the user requests a written document (including electronic documents) of the purchase/use records, the Company shall provide it in two weeks from the date of receiving the request.
2. The Company shall keep records for the following matters for one year from the date of the transaction. However, if the transaction exceeds 10,000 won, it must be preserved for 5 years.
① Types of transactions using telecom billing service
② Transaction amount
④ Transaction date
⑤ Registration number of telecommunication service to charge/collect payment
⑥ Matters concerning fees received by the Company in exchange for providing telecom billing services
⑦ Matters concerning the assessing of telecommunication services in connection with the transaction
⑧ Matters concerning application for transaction and change of condition
⑨ Matters concerning the approval of the transaction
⑩ Other matters determined and announced by the Ministry of Science and ICT
3. Transaction records pursuant to the preceding paragraph shall be kept by written, microfilm, disc, magnetic tape and other computerized information processing organizations. However, in the case of preservation by disc, magnetic tape, or other computerized information processing organization, all the requirements of Article 5, paragraph 1 of the Framework Act on Electronic Commerce shall be satisfied.
4. If the user wishes to request the written document specified in paragraph 1, he/ she may request to the following address or telephone number.
Address: 223 Yeoksam-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 14 (Request for correction)
When the user realizes that the telecom billing service has been provided against his/her intention, the user may request the company to correct it (except when there is intentional or gross negligence of the user). The Company shall inform the result of processing within two weeks from the date of receiving the request for correction.
Article 15 (Protection of personal information)
Article 16 (Objection and relief of right)
1. The user can request the objection and relief of right to the following protection manager and person in charge.
Division : Payletter Inc. Billing Division Manager
Phone : 02-6191-3727
Email : email@example.com
Person in charge
Division : Payletter Inc. Billing Division Planning Team personnel in charge of complaint
Phone : 02-6191-3745
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The user can file a complaint with the Company regarding the telecom billing service by writing (including electronic documents), by telephone, or by fax.
3. The Company must inform the user of the result of the investigation or processing within two weeks from the date of receiving the objection under paragraph 2.
4. In case of dispute between the user and the other party of the transaction regarding electronic payment, the Company shall cooperate without delay for the following matters to the extent possible to resolve disputes when a user or other party calls for a dispute to address the dispute.
① Allows viewing and copying of information related to payment (including user authentication related information) that caused disputes
② Allows viewing and copying of information related to the Company's security measures for payments that caused the dispute. However, if disclosing the information, information that may cause a security failure can be refused to be revealed.
Article 17 (Company’s obligation to secure stability)
In order to secure the safety and reliability of telecom billing service, the Company shall comply with the standards set by the Ministry of Science and ICT on the information technology sector and telecommunication billing services such as manpower, facilities, and electronic devices for electronic transmission or processing by type of telecom billing service.
Article 18 (Measures against unlawful companies or wrongdoer)
In the following cases, the Company may refuse, suspend or limit the provision of services to the counterparties that cause damage to users due to illegal activities, or may not collect the sale or provision of goods provided by the counterparties.
1. If there is a report of illegal activity from the association
2. If there is a request for action on illegal activities from the Ministry of Science and ICT, the Korea Communications Commission, the investigative agency, the Korea Consumer Agency, etc.
3. If there is objective evidence of illegal activity through other services
Article 19 (Other rules and jurisdiction)
1. Matters not specified in these terms shall be handled in accordance with the consumer protection laws such as ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC., ELECTRONIC FINANCIAL TRANSACTION ACT, ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC., ACT ON ONLINE SALES, ETC., SPECIALIZED CREDIT FINANCE BUSINESS ACT, etc.
2. The jurisdiction over disputes between the Company and users shall be in accordance with the CIVIL PROCEDURE ACT.
<No. 1, 2016. 11. 7>
<No. 2, 2017. 12. 23>
<No. 3 , 2018. 06. 01>